Our client is a major player in the Banking and Financial Services Industry (BFSI) and is looking for IT Shared Services Lead. The candidate will lead a team of Application Support Engineers primarily responsible for providing application support to a suite of common/share IT Systems in production to ensure maximum service uptime.
He/She will be responsible for responding to level 2 application incidents, production application maintenance, installations, system upgrades, application patches as well as manage vendor and customer engagements .
- Support application deployment requests initiated by Change Requests, plan and maintain the application environment with the latest patches, especially cyber security related mandates.
- Manage incident responses and follow up to ensure preventive and detective measures of the applications are identified and implemented .
- Track helpdesk tickets to a closure within the stipulated SLAs through detailed investigation support or route help desk tickets to the parties responsible for successful resolution .
- Gather data metrics to conduct operational trend analysis, to improve capacity management to ensure that the suite of common/shared IT Systems under their charge is operating at an optimal efficiency.
- Support Disaster recovery exercises, including responding to level 2 incidents, to diagnose, troubleshoot as well as coordinate with the Application Development team for the successful resolution of issues.
- Ensure that stakeholders comply with the organization’s policies and procedures while to find innovative ways to optimize systems efficiency and increase productivity thru automation of tasks.
- Lead the requirements gathering, analysis, system integration test, and user assisted testing as part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for production application enhancements, particularly implementing new APIs and messages .
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or relevant Technology disciplines
- At least 5 years experience in an application development or support role in medium to large organizations.
- Technical Proficiency in the following:
- Messaging Bus and API Gateway. Experience or familiarity with Solace PubSub+ and Axway would be an advantage.
- Experience managing systems running on Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers would be preferred.
- Web portal and content management. Experience or familiarity with Joomla would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of operating Systems such as LINUX, UNIX, Windows.
- Working knowledge of SQL queries for data retrieval and analysis.
- Familiarity with middleware solution such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IIS would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management System (MySQL, MsSQL, Oracle) concepts would be beneficial.
- Scripting (VBA, excel and/or other languages) and automation.
- Experience in Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Team leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team lead will also be required to provide direction, forecast and plan for the team he/she is leading.
- Prior experience or knowledge of Payments or Transaction banking systems would be highly advantageous.