Our client is a major player in the Banking and Financial Services Industry (BFSI) and is looking for a Java Developer to provide level 2 Lead Support. The candidate will lead a team of Application Support Engineers primarily responsible for supporting to a suite of Payments systems in production to ensure maximum service uptime. He/she will be responsible for responding to level 2 application incidents, production application maintenance, installations, system upgrades, application patches as well as manage vendor and customer engagements.
- Support application deployment initiated by Change Requests, plan and maintain the application environment with the latest patches, especially cyber security related mandates.
- Manage incident responses and follow up to ensure preventive and detective measures of the applications are identified and implemented.
- Track helpdesk tickets to a closure within the stipulated SLAs through detailed investigation support or route help desk tickets to the parties responsible for successful resolution.
- Gather data metrics to conduct operational trend analysis, to improve capacity management to ensure that the suite of Payment Systems under their charge is operating at an optimal efficiency.
- Support Disaster recovery exercises, including responding to level 2 incidents, to diagnose, troubleshoot as well as coordinate with the Application Development team for the successful resolution of issues.
- Ensure that stakeholders comply with the organization’s policies and procedures while to find innovative ways to optimize systems efficiency and increase productivity thru automation of tasks.
- On occasion, lead the requirements gathering, analysis, system integration test, and user assisted testing as part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for production application enhancements.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or relevant Technology disciplines
- At least 5 years experience in an application development or support role in medium to large organizations.
- Technical Proficiency in the following:
- Application servers such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IIS
- Operating Systems such as LINUX, UNIX, Windows
- Relational Database Management System (MySQL, MsSQL, Oracle) concepts
- SQL queries for data retrieval and analysis
- Scripting (VBA, excel and/or other languages) and automation
- Experience managing systems running on Amazon Web Services
- Experience in Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Team leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Prior experience or knowledge of Payments or Transaction banking systems would be highly advantageous