The incumbent will lead a team of Application Support Engineers primarily responsible for providing application support to a suite of common/share IT Systems in production to ensure maximum service uptime.
He/She will be responsible for responding to level 2 application incidents, production application maintenance, installations, system upgrades, application patches as well as manage vendor and customer engagements.
Support application deployment requests initiated by Change Requests, plan and maintain the application environment with the latest patches, especially cyber security related mandates.
Manage incident responses and follow up to ensure preventive and detective measures of the applications are identified and implemented.
Track helpdesk tickets to a closure within the stipulated SLAs through detailed investigation support or route help desk tickets to the parties responsible for successful resolution.
Gather data metrics to conduct operational trend analysis, to improve capacity management to ensure that the suite of common/shared IT Systems under their charge is operating at an optimal efficiency.
Support Disaster recovery exercises, including responding to level 2 incidents, to diagnose, troubleshoot as well as coordinate with the Application Development team for the successful resolution of issues.
Ensure that stakeholders comply with the organization’s policies and procedures while to find innovative ways to optimize systems efficiency and increase productivity thru automation of tasks.
Lead the requirements gathering, analysis, system integration test, and user assisted testing as part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for production application enhancements.
Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or relevant Technology disciplines
At least 5 years’ experience in an application development or support role in medium to large organizations.
Technical Proficiency in the following:
1. Messaging Bus and API Gateway. Experience or familiarity with Solace PubSub+ and Axway would be an advantage.
2. Web portal and content management. Experience or familiarity Joomla would be an advantage.
3. Middleware solution such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, IIS
5. Operating Systems such as LINUX, UNIX, Windows
6. Relational Database Management System (MySQL, MsSQL, Oracle) concepts
7. SQL queries for data retrieval and analysis
8. Scripting (VBA, excel and/or other languages) and automation
9. Experience managing systems running on Amazon Web Services
10. Experience in Incident, Problem and Change Management
Team leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Team lead will also be required to provide direction, forecast and plan for the team he/she is leading.
Prior experience or knowledge of Payments or Transaction banking systems would be highly advantageous