The incumbent will lead a team of Application Support Engineers primarily responsible for providing application support to a suite of Payments System applications in production to ensure maximum service up-time.
He will be responsible for responding to L2 application incidents, production application maintenance, installations, system upgrades, application patches as well as manage vendor and customer engagements.
- Lead the requirements gathering, analysis, system integration test, and user assisted testing as part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Support application deployment requests initiated by Change Requests, plan and maintain the application environment with the latest patches, especially cyber security related mandates.
- Support Disaster recovery exercises, including responding to level 2 incidents, to diagnose, troubleshoot as well as coordinate with the Application Development team for the successful resolution of issues.
- Manage incident responses and follow up to ensure preventive and detective measures of the applications are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that stakeholders comply with the organization’s policies and procedures while to find innovative ways to optimize systems efficiency and increase productivity thru automation of tasks.
- Track help-desk tickets to a closure within the stipulated SLAs through detailed investigation support or route help desk tickets to the parties responsible for successful resolution.
- Gather data metrics to conduct operational trend analysis, to improve capacity management to ensure that the suite of Payment Systems under their charge is operating at an optimal efficiency.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or relevant Technology disciplines
- 5 years experience in an application development or support role
- Team leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment